Another Fake Proposal

email supposedly from Kindle Direct Publishing

I received another email with a proposal to convert my book into a movie. This time, it's from Kindle Direct Publishing. It's obviously fake because the sending address is amazon_submissions_at_gmail_com. Amazon using a gmail address?

Furthermore, my book is hardly a bestseller. If it was a bestseller, I'd understand if someone would contact me with a proposal such as this but it's nowhere near being even moderate seller.

Lastly, if some big movie production outfit really wanted to convert my book to a movie, I don't think they will ask me to submit a screenplay. Of course, they would offer to make the screenplay for me, which means I will have to pay for it. I would think a real proposal would be free.

If you're also a budding author and received something like this, don't believe it right away. Look at the sending address. If it's a gmail, yahoo, or other free, public email service, don't believe it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zero Sales Since June 2023

How to Avoid/Reduce Feedback in Sound Systems

Scam Alert! Film Adaptation Proposal